Sunday, August 19, 2007

Alphabet Soup



Today's thoughts of gratitude are brought to you by the letter 'E'. And life was busy this week so I'm late but still extremely grateful.

1. Email - how I love seeing new messages from those I love and care about! Long or short, staying in touch so quickly with these messages just makes for good days.

2. Edmonton - the closest city to us, the place where I do my major shopping and where we go to concerts or sporting events. It has a beautiful river valley with many trails, golf courses and parks.

3. My wonderful sister, Esther. I am blessed to have such a caring, thoughtful, fun woman as my friend and my sister. She is always so generous with her time and expertise whenever any one of us needs something, including hugs. I love that we share so many interests and hobbies, including scrapbooking and quadding. Here we are at the top of the world near Grande Cache.



4. Evening - the quiet reflective time of my day.

5. Earth - the planet that sustains us and provides so many beautiful places and people to enjoy.

6. Eyes - with which to view the world and appreciate the beauty that surrounds us.

Thanks for the inspiration, Morning Glory!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your "e's" and the great picture of you and your sis.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I love that you area so positive and grateful for so many things. You are such an awesome example to me especially as I can be the exact opposite. God definitely knows what He's doing when He puts families together. I'm so glad you are my mom and part of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little slow getting here, but I enjoyed your E words. Next letter (F) is tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Love your list! It's so thoughtful.

    In the last week, our evenings have gone from quiet and reflective to quite noisy--evening seems to be Victor's time to let out all the tension from his day...but I'm sure that "this, too, shall pass" and we'll go back to quiet meditative evenings once again.

    XO

    ReplyDelete