Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Today's thoughts of gratitude are brought to you by the letter "C".
1. Children - we are so blessed to have 4 wonderful children - Darrin, Heather, Melinda and Naomi. They are a constant source of inspiration, amazement, encouragement and joy. The zest that they all have for life and the various partners, interests, work and accomplishments they share with us have blessed our lives much, much more than we ever could have imagined. Everything else we have pales in comparison to them and we thank God for them every single day.
(Taken at Melinda's wedding in 2004 at Chester, Nova Scotia)
2. Canada - what an immense, beautiful and peaceful country we live in. Our ancestors made a great choice when they left Europe and settled here. One of my favourite songs is "O Canada", our national anthem and I love to hear it played by high school bands.
3. Chocolate - in all of its various forms - bars, baking and drinks! It is definitely one of my favourite treats.
4. Cooking and cookbooks - and the foods that go with it - carrots, chicken, cauliflower, cabbage, cupcakes, cheese, corn, cherries - I could go on and on. So many flavourful and delicious foods to enjoy. How thankful I am to have all of these choices in my kitchen!
5. Colours - all the colours of the rainbow and more! My picture taking and scrapbooking capture them in every part of my world.
6. Company and connecting with the people that intersect my life and bring joy and energy to my days. Whether they come into our home, enter our lives in passing or are companions online, I am grateful to be surrounded by each and every one.
7. Christmas - my absolute favourite season and holiday! I love everything about it - the ancient reason for the season, decorations, food, people, gifts, celebrations, memories, and music. I look forward to it all year long and it lingers in our home long past the actual dates.
Thanks again, Morning Glory at Seeds From My Garden, for inspiring me to document these special thoughts.