Saturday, May 05, 2007

We interrupt . . .

our regularly scheduled programming to bring you the latest breaking news of - - - -

a spring storm! It's been raining for 2 days and there's water everywhere already!



Just around the corner on the road we use all the time, the ditch couldn't take the volume of water and it spilled across instead of going into the creek. It poured across here all day.




Our neighbor's cattle pasture is a huge lake.

I wanted to share these pictures with you last night but - the power went out at 9:30 p.m.. It's still out this morning and the utility company is saying it will be for most of the day because lines and poles are down in nearly a 50 mile radius. About 5 o'clock last night the rain turned to slushy sleet and then snow which made driving nearly impossible. Oh, the weather!!

Today the sun is shining and the water is running so hopefully the worst is over. Here are some pictures to cheer me up!




Meadow and I had a little chat and she explained to me that she can walk now so I just had to see her newfound talent!




She just looks like a trooper here, marching off!




Oh, Oh, maybe it's not going so good!
But she got her balance back without crashing.




When she got really close to Naomi, she'd almost dive right at her! It made it hard for her to capture good pictures!




We finished by having a little cuddle time so Meadow could look at my mini-album! She loved turning the pages - pretty soon we'll be able to create together, I think!

4 comments:

  1. UGH!!! Talk about gross! I hope it clears up soon and they get the power back on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck!! Nothing like rain and sleet to kick off spring. I hope it dries up soon, and so does the power. You don't realize how much you rely on it until it's gone.
    I can't believe Meadow's walking. She's getting so big and independent. She's going to be all over that place soon. Thanks for sharing. They brightened up my day, too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at her go!! Fantastic!!
    And we had flooding like you have just last month. We had it so bad that our main road from our subdivision washed out. It was nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:31 PM

    Harrumph! That weather! I hope by now things are drying up. The 'cheer up' pictures are really cute! XO

    ReplyDelete