Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Spring Flowers



The low fields and ditches are filled with marsh marigolds, blooming profusely, this spring.




I think all the rain and moisture this morning have provided great growing conditions - they are in every little hollow and damp spot that there is.




Such bright color - it just has to make you smile! It's become a Mother's Day tradition that Bob and/or the kids bring me a great big jar full of these to have on the kitchen table. This year he brought some for Kelsey to take back to her apartment too.

3 comments:

  1. The colours are so beautiful and vibrant. I remember collecting them and always trying to surprise you when we brought them back. Did we ever surprise you? Still, I loved picking them knowing they were for you. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures bring back so many memories! I'm glad the tradition is still carrying on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:39 PM

    We don't have marsh marigolds but we have crocuses so I guess I can't whine too much. I have memories of picking them in the slough by Wicklands place.

    ReplyDelete