Monday, May 28, 2007

Planted



These beauties are gracing my table today. Unfortunately they are not home-grown but still so lovely!

Yesterday my plants all got into their pots and I finished planting the garden tonight! The only thing left to do is the sweet peas, which are soaking tonight, and will be in the row tomorrow. Naomi and Jerry planted some potatoes here last week so I worked between the rows today before Bob took the rototiller off and put on the mower again. Now we can sit back and wait for everything to sprout and fill the spaces - hopefully before the weeds poke through again. I like the planting part but the weeding - not so much! I can just about taste the lettuce already - the package said 40 days to maturity, which means it will be about July 9th. Hopefully the weather cooperates and the bugs stay away. I'll let you know how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll be eager to taste some home-grown veggies, and of course to pick some raspberries if they're out when I come to visit. I love this time of year, beautiful flowers, fresh smells and looking forward to the possibilities of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:29 AM

    Good for you! You are way ahead of me. I haven't even been to a greenhouse yet. And I haven't started on the flower beds. I can't keep up to the lawn mowing, working full time and farming! Wanted - gardener and landscaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Congratulations, Crystal! I'm looking forward to tasting our lettuce, too.

    We're a little behind in the planting realm, but I hope this week we can catch up. Yellow beans are next to go in the ground. We also want to pick up some tomato and pepper plants, but have not been that successful with growing them in the past. This year, Brian has a trick in mind, suggested by our neighbor, so I hope to get a few beauties.

    Looking forward to seeing your garden's progress!

    XO,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got it all planted especially after driving the tractor home. Good for you! We'll come and enjoy some lettuce with you. I can't wait until we have a garden. I miss garden veggies so much. Sigh...
    The flowers look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete