Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

I am so blessed to be surrounded in my life with good women! Their presence, caring, examples and encouragement are so important and I thank God for each one of them. Today is a special day to honour two of them.



My mom is so amazing! She truly has been a partner with my Dad in their farming lives for more than 50 years. She's been there for milking cows, cooking meals, mending jeans, picking berries, doing the farm books and moving machinery. Many of the qualities that I have are a direct result of her example to us. She has a heart for people and God has used her to provide meals, rides, friendship and His love in her everyday life in her community. Our children have stayed many nights with them and are blessed to call her Gramma. No one bakes better pies or makes dill pickles quite as good as she does! Thanks, Mom, for caring for your family with love, generosity and God's spirit. We love you!




I have been blessed to have this woman as my mother-in-law. I am so thankful that she raised her son in a Christian home and that he has her gifts of listening and wisdom. As long as we have been married, she has been accepting, kind, generous and a wonderful model for me. We were lucky to live across the road from them for nearly 20 years and she was a huge part of our children's lives, which was a gift for us. Cooking secrets, animal husbandry, gardening, history and sewing are talents she still shares. No one makes better perogies or raises more strawberries than she does. All I know about being a mother-in-law, I have set on her example. We wish her good health and many blessings today. Love you, Mom!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    p.s. your granddaughters are both adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a blessed Mother's Day - you have such a generous spirit and heart. Thank you for the glimpse of the women that have made and continue to make you the special woman you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post!
    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great day yesterday!

    I sent you an email, but it got returned. I'm going to try again later today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing to think back to the women in our lives who have had such an influence on us. I hope you were able to tell them just how much they mean to you. And of course, that you know how much you are loved by them and by your daughters & granddaughters. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Happy Mother's Day, Crystal!

    This was a beautiful tribute to both of your mothers.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:35 AM

    you amaze me with your quick work. iit was fun to read this story . i do not even know where the picture with the chocolate cake was taken?thank god for your many talents .love mom.

    ReplyDelete