Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Celebrating Me



Morning Glory and Lei's challenge last week was Celebrating Me. It took me a very long time to mull this one over and to get brave enough to post. Looking at oneself and writing about the good stuff is harder than it seems!

I am a child of God and He surrounds me with love, protection, forgiveness and more goodness than I can ever imagine. Without Him, everything pales and with Him, anything is possible. When I celebrate anything, I really must celebrate Him in my life and give thanks for all He has so abundantly provided for me.

I have always been an optimist. As situations develop, I am able look at both ends of the spectrum and consider what the very best and the very worst scenarios could be and then I find I can cope with anything in between. My faith, the goodness and blessings we are surrounded with, genuine people and this amazing world we live in are all such good things.

I remember Bob asking me, when our family was younger, what my goals were and where I wanted to be in 5 or 10 years. That really was a question I hadn't considered very much. I was content with what I was (and needed to be) doing and didn't feel I had to conquer the world. As our children got older, there were times I wondered if I was more than a wife, a mother and a farm partner but when I decided to finish my education degree, I really found my niche. I have loved teaching - the children, their energy and enthusiasm, the professional conversations and practices, colleagues who are really more like friends, and the caring and learning that go on in classrooms everyday. Many times I can remember thinking how I lucky I was to have this job as I drove the last block to the school.

Raising our children and being a participant in their lives has been one of the best parts of my life. I feel like they have become my friends now and we share so much joy, happiness, fun and life experience. I believe they know they are surrounded with my love and that I am available to listen, celebrate, cry and work alongside them. I love being with them and staying involved with them.

I am so happy with the passion I have for photography, memories and scrapbooking. I think I have developed my skills and a creative side that I didn't really think I had. I love capturing our life moments and preserving them. I love that our grandchildren and the generations to come will have some information and a sense of who we were. There are so many more things I want to do with this passion that I'm going to be busy for a very long time, which is a good thing.

So there are some things that I celebrate about myself. It's good stuff to think about sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. Now that I have dried my eyes I can type a message. Thank-you for sharing. This is usually a hard topic for us to think and write about. I also want you to know that we, your children, friends and family, also celebrate these things about you. And, of course, so much more. Thank-you for being a role-model for me in many areas of life and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:30 AM

    Mmmm...what a heartfelt post, Crystal. You strike me as just the very person you describe in your writing, one surrounded by God's love and goodness.

    I'm so glad to hear that you are working in a job you love. That is certainly a blessing.

    XO,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crystal.... I found you at last. It was driving me crackers. What a beautiful post. I agree... you have a great deal to celebrate about being you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Wow! That post deserves a toast! To Crystal - here here.

    ReplyDelete