Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Smell . . .

Of spring is right outside our house and you can smell it across the yard too. What is it? It's the beautiful, tall white Mayday tree that is in its full glory. I took some pictures but Blogger Beta doesn't want to cooperate so I'll post them later. The tree is covered in blossoms

After I got home, I went out and cut the grass. It was getting pretty shaggy and very thick in some places. Love the smell of freshly mown grass too. Any other smells you ask? Oh, yeah - chocolate bars, coca cola, a baby just fresh from the bathtub, and cinnamon in baking.

4 comments:

  1. Ymmm! Spring time smells. Last week Andrzej cut some lilacs from the tree in the front yard and gave them to me for the apartment. I love that smell, which brought back memories of the farm and the tree beside the path. I'm glad you're seeing evidence of spring and the beauty of God's creation. (Tyler agrees with you on the smell of babies from the bath).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:32 PM

    I love the smell of fresh cut hay. Similar to the lawn but different - sweeter. When our neighbors cuts his hay I always make sure to take my morning walks past the field so I can absorb the smell. What about the fresh smell after it rains? Or clothes that come in off the line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The laminator when it is all heated up! Love the smell of the plastic I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:52 PM

    I also love the smell of a freshly mowed lawn in springtime. And the fragrant lilac trees. And a spring rain.

    So glad to hear spring has come to your area.

    XO

    ReplyDelete