Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Little Trip

We took a little quad trip out to Medicine Lake, west of Rimbey, yesterday with our friends, Audrey and Aime'. It was a grey, drizzly kind of day but only actually rained while we were driving out there. When we were on the quads, there were a couple of times we thought it was going to start raining but it just drizzled a bit and then stopped. A provincial recreation area takes up one side of the lake and there are miles of quad trails surrounding it. By the time we loaded the quads up and left, there must have been more than 100 trailers and lots of different groups in the staging area. I'm sure it's a hopping good time out there today!



Our little group, marvelling at how industrious beavers can be! At this spot the dam they had built across the creek must have been nearly 75 feet long and 3 feet high.




When you're the leader, sometimes you get into problems that need a helping hand!




Aime' got stuck in the muskeg - maybe buried is a better way to describe it! - and needed to be winched out.

Good times on a long weekend! We decided this would be a good place to go back to with family and friends.

And I have to tell the truth - these pictures were taken by Audrey because I had 12 batteries along and none of them were charged! Yeah, that's one great photographer for you - man, I hate when that happens. I think I had to change batteries at school and then by the time I got home, I forgot about charging batteries. After a few minutes of kicking myself, I sat back and decided to "Just Be". It was trees, mud, quads, fun - picture taking will resume next time. Yeah, the battery charger is currently working!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I'm glad you were able to beat the rush. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and enjoy and not have to worry about taking photos! And hey, Audrey got some good ones for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the pictures up and blogger working again. What a great way to start the long weekend, relaxing and enjoying time with friends... and not worry about the camera. It'll be a while before you forget to charge your batteries again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Hi Crystal. I'm just catching up on blog reading today so I'm a little late--this looks like a great trip. What a sense of adventure you have. I've seen you refer to "quad outings" before and I wasn't quite sure what you meant. I thought maybe horses were involved...

    XO,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete