Thursday, May 03, 2007

Finish Line Class

Ready! Set! Go!!!!
That's almost what it was like in Stacy Julian's Finish Line Class. She even had a stop watch! Besides being funny and motivating, she shared some wisdom about creating in short spurts of time and recording the everyday experiences of our lives, not just the big celebrations. She showed 2 albums - one she made of a weekend spent with her parents and brother and the whole family - and one she made for husband, celebrating a spa weekend she gave him for a birthday gift.

The goal - have fun getting a miniscule number of your photos into an album
The mission - create a mini album in 90 minutes.
The supplies - 30 to 40 pictures, several sheets of Scenic Route "Laurel" paper, 10 page protectors, 1 package of Scenic Route black chipboard shapes, 50 black embellishments - and some motivating music!
The process - sort, crop, create, embellish - don't sweat it or think too much - just enjoy!

So here's what I created - a little album about a quad trip we took to Whitecourt last summer. From start to finish, including journalling, was less than 4 hours. Pretty good, huh! I just need to find a little album cover for it and then it's going in my coffee table basket. And Esther and I are totally going to do this again!

Here is a sampling of the contents:










4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:40 AM

    Thanks so much for posting this! It really helped me out in deciding which pictures to bring with me to CKC Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I am sooo impressed!! I am going to have to copy down the supply list and try this for myself! Oh, I can adapt this to a class of women I am teaching next month!! Thanks for sharing Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! I bet it feels great to have all those photos in there! I love the black chipboard punctuation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Such beautiful work, and in only four hours! Very nice. XO

    ReplyDelete