Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gratitude Gifts

"Be still and see that I am God."  Psalm 46:10

"If you will, Lord."  Mark 1: 40

"For in Him we live and move and have our being."  Acts 17:28

"I tell  you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Luke 18:17

These words from the Bible have been resting in my mind and on my heart this week.  And I have been abiding in them, the word that I picked for this year.  It is so amazing to me that God speaks so gently and yet insistently into my life.  He is everywhere and I seek to hear Him and live with Him.


#3630 - #3665

- red candles burning bright
- warm winter parka
- black leather gloves with red trim
- red Valentine shirts
- soft red hoodie

- tiny pottery bowl brought home from Mexico 28 years ago
- little girl nightgown patterns
- rocking Maëlle to sleep
- meeting neighbors
- building towers and garages with Blake



- a small group of faith friends
- groceries
- text messages
- sharing hugs
- full fridge



- beautiful brides
- a groom who adores his new wife
- delicious Indian food
- colorful saris
- experiencing another culture

- living in faith and trust
- Sunday sermons
- red jelly hearts
- Valentines behind the door of the mailbox
- flowers


- daily messages of faith in the inbox
- pictures of our grandchildren
- laughing with friends
- fresh eggs
- Valentine banner



- God's love for me
- Skype
- hearing news from our children 
- medical care
- a challenge to share "God is so good" stories

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! :) You're BLESSED indeed! LOVE the photos and the words ... and really, who needs more than a full fridge and God's love :)

    Love to you today ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gratitude list - you and I share many of the same reasons to give thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list. I love the scriptures that you are abiding in--great reminders and words to reflect on! So many things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great list, again. :)

    ReplyDelete