Friday, February 17, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  Here is the recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate that I found at Tasty Kitchen and served at book club this week.  I modified it a bit to fit with Abuelita's recipe.  (A seperate post about the book is in the works.)


2.  I love this quote!

“Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your modus operandi and change your world. ”
Annie Lennox (born 1954);
Scottish singer-songwriter, political activist and philanthropist


3.  I picked up a chai latte' from Starbuck's yesterday and it came in this lovely special cup!  I've got it sitting on the cupboard and it makes me smile every time I see it. 



4.  Subbing in high school is so very, very interesting and challenging - and brings back memories (and questions!) of my own high school years.  I certainly am getting to know the kids better and that is a good thing :)

5.  Garlic Shrimp + Cashew Chicken + Ginger Beef + Steamed Brown Basmati Rice = Yummy Supper, thanks to Mr. Li cooking for us tonight.

2 comments:

  1. How did supper go for Dad?
    You are very brave for subbing in high school. It's not my favourite teaching level, but I'm glad it's going ok for you. What is your favourite grade to substitute teach in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't those starbucks cups cool? what a happy surprise to get, hey?!

    that mexican hot chocolate sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete