Friday, February 24, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  Have you taken this Betty Crocker Cupcake Quiz?  I'm a Toasted Almond Cupcake with Caramel Frosting - representing spirit and adventure.  Go try it and come back to tell me about your flavour!

(photo from Betty Crocker.com)

2. If you are a gardener buying seeds this spring, you need to read this post from Kevin about buying seeds from Monsanto, who now controls 40 - 80% of the vegetable seed business.  We need seed diversity and natural seeds, not more genetically modified or altered seeds.  May I suggest The Cottage Gardener, a Canadian heritage seed company, for your seed purchases this spring?

3.   It's been a very full week of company, visiting, teaching and merry-making.  And the weekend is looking to be just as busy.  We are blessed to have so many friends and so much family with whom to enjoy life!

4.  Raspberry cheesecake for a friend's birthday is presently chilling in my fridge.  After licking the beaters, I'm convinced it will be delicious :)

5.  When Maëlle is on the swings, she is so full of laughs and giggles as she gets pushed.  It's the sweetest sound ever - definitely one I want to remember!

4 comments:

  1. I am a Truffle Lover's Cupcake, whatever that may be. It sounds delicious! The link you posted is not working , Crystal, but the one under the photo takes you straight to the quizz!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a From the Heart Cupcake!! Wonder what that means?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it!!!! I was FINALLY able to comment on your blog. I'm so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really cute quiz! I am a Surprise Cupcake Cone! It is scary about what Monsanto is doing! We watched a really eye opening documentary about them in SK. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete