Monday, September 08, 2008

Simple Woman #8



For Today... September 8, 2008

Outside my Window... the sun is coming and going and the leaves on the cucumber plants are curling up from the tiny nip of frost they received one night

I am thinking... how blessed we are that our grandson arrived safely last week and he and his mom - and big sister and dad - are all doing fine

I am thankful for... the safe arrival of our grandson and the miraculous way that God has created him so perfectly

From the kitchen... applesauce and cooked beets

I am wearing... yellow golf shirt, black pants, crocs - and a fleece jacket (how quickly things change around here!)

I am reading... The Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra

I am hoping... that the showery weather will end, harvesting can continue and Indian summer will soon start

I am hearing... birds as they feed in the crabapple tree and pick cranberries from the bush under my studio window

I am creating... a layout of Helayna playing peek-a-boo with her daddy

Around the house (and yard) ... grass needs to be cut and the garden cleaned out, maybe even some potatoes dug

One of my favorite things... cuddling a newborn baby, especially when he is my grandson!

A few plans for the rest of the week... making relish and another batch of applesauce, preparing sweet and sour ribs and shepherd's pie for Heather and Jonathan's freezer, going to see the baby with Naomi and Meadow and having a playdate with Meadow while her mom and dad are working.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



Go over to The Simple Woman if you want to visit some other blogs today!

3 comments:

  1. He is so tiny and so sweet. What an awesome blessing he is and will be.
    I'm curious about the book, more details please.
    Tonight I made a friend slow-cooker lasagna. Tomorrow I'm making a loaf of bread and greek salad, all to send home with her hubbie when he comes over tomorrow afternoon. I love my kitchen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new grandchild. I too, am curious about the book. I'll have to look it up on amazon. Thanks for visiting my daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely new baby. Congratulations on a new grandson.

    ReplyDelete