Monday, September 22, 2008

Simple Daybook #10



For Today... September 22, 2008

Outside my Window
... a grey and overcast day - windy and wet from last night's rain

I am thinking... that we just needed another week of warm weather and so much more of the harvesting would have been finished

I am thankful for... spending time on Saturday gathering the onions, beets and potatoes from the garden - and for Meadow's help doing it!

From the kitchen... broccoli cauliflower soup and fresh chocolate zucchini muffins

I am wearing... black yoga pants and a pink and black shirt with my slippers

I am reading... The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - still working on this one - it's a great mystery

I am hoping... that my afternoon subbing in grade 4 goes well - I think it might be an inside lunch recess aka chaos!

I am hearing... Josh Groban singing from the CD player

I am creating... a layout about Bob and Helayna in the John Deere wagon

Around the house ... beets to grate, lots of carrots to put in the fridge, and vacuuming that needs to be done

One of my favorite things... the smell of autumn just after a light rain shower - the leaves and soil smell so earthy

A few plans for the rest of the week.... subbing today and tomorrow and then 3 days with Heather, Helayna and Silas - and lots of cuddling time

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



It's slowly ripening!

Please go and check The Simple Woman for more interesting reads.

7 comments:

  1. We can't wait to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to this post as I can't wait to see what is coming from your kitchen!! Seriously. I am always amazed. You really inspire me Crystal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your time with your beautiful grandchildren. Love reading your posts Crystal - you are always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, busy things.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your daybook :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That garden has been so great this year. You've reaped so much goodness from it. Can't wait to taste it!!! I know you've saved a few favourites for me. ;)))) Have a great visit down south.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading your list. Hope your day of subbing grade 4 went well. That's the grade our daughter is teaching this year.
    hugs))

    ReplyDelete