Monday, September 15, 2008

Simple Daybook #9




For Today... September 15, 2008

Outside my Window... it's a big, bright full moon, after a gorgeous sunny and hot fall day

I am thinking... that autumn is a very special time of year as the growth of summer winds down and nature prepares for a season of rest

I am thankful for... good health, for me and our family as well

From the kitchen... baked ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, cooked carrots and fresh buns - all cooked at Naomi and Jerry's house tonight

I am wearing... casual brown pants, brown tshirt and an orange vest (that I purchased exactly a year ago in Austria!)

I am reading... The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield for book club this month

I am hoping... that tomorrow is an excellent day for Tyler as he writes the first test to qualify for his North American medical training - it's a 7 hour marathon and it's crucial that he passes - please pray for him and Melinda

I am hearing... the sweet sounds of our granddaughter, Meadow, as she sang songs to me today

I am creating
... a pre-class assignment for Design Your Life, an 3 month long online scrapbook class with Cathy Zielske, at Big Picture Scrapbooking

Around the house ... I have some farm accounting to do and I really want to start creating some Christmas gifts that I have ideas for

One of my favorite things... the gorgeous colours of autumn, especially the reds of pincherry bushes, the golden poplar leaves, and the brilliant blue Alberta sky

A few plans for the rest of the week.... get freezer ready chickens from the Hutterite colony, substitute teach, dig potatoes, and help my Mom dig her potatoes and carrots

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



Please go and visit The Simple Woman to see what others are up to today.

4 comments:

  1. don't you wish you were out there in a canoe.....of courst there has to b someone rowing!! but not you. beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is beautiful - and my sister had snow yesterday, can you believe it. A lovely glimpse of your day/week/life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is a very special time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a great day with meadow! i always love reading these!

    ReplyDelete