Monday, September 01, 2008

Simple Woman #7



For Today... September 1, 2008

Outside my Window... it's much cooler (some places nearby had frost last night) but the sun is still shining brightly

I am thinking... how quiet the house is when Bob is away and our weekend visitors have departed

I am thankful for... visits from Darrin and Kelsey and the chance to sit around the supper table, visit and catch up on their lives

From the kitchen... last batch of apricot jam and red pepper jelly

I am wearing... black warmup pants, a green polo shirt and crocs

I am reading... The Midwife of St. Petersburg by Linda Lee Chaikin

I am hoping... that my Mom has a great big zucchini she wants to give away :)

I am hearing... Come Unto Me by Nicole C. Mullen

I am creating... a layout from my parents 50th anniversary celebration (taken back in 2004!)

Around the house... the floor is sparkling, the dusting was done and the bathroom is clean too - looks great!

One of my favorite things... is picking apples from the trees in our yard

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... canning pears and plums, making applesauce, hemming some shirts and writing letters. Oh - and waiting for the phone to ring to hear that Heather is on her way to the hospital!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



Our crabapple tree

Go over and check out the Simple Woman blog for more links.

3 comments:

  1. Autumn is definitely in the air here, and some leaves are starting to turn, and I am still waiting for my tomatoes to ripen!
    My apple tree is laden, but not really ready for picking yet. I have made some pie filling and sauce, but they could do with another few weeks on the tree.

    Let me know what you think of the Midwife of St Petersburg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so busy in your kitchen this summer. I wish I had a place to store goodies like that. I did buy a 5lb. box of blueberries that we've been enjoying this month. They freeze so well. I think blueberry muffins are on the list of things to do today.
    I really want to read The Midwife of St. Petersburg, so save it for me when I come at Christmas time. I do have a large stack of books to get through, but I've looked at that one a few times. Let me know what you think.
    Are you thinking about all the teachers and students going back to school today? Missing it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) :) :) I love this list and that gorgeous photo! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete