Monday, September 29, 2008

Simple Daybook #11



For Today... September 29, 2008

Outside my Window... an absolutely gorgeous Indian summer day with brilliant sunshine and a temperature of +26 degrees Celsius

I am thinking... about how blessed we are to live in a country of peace

I am thankful for... a stay in Airdrie with our daughter and her family - and for safe travels coming and going

From the kitchen... a pot of chili, fresh honey wheat buns and banana caramel muffins

I am wearing... jeans, a purplish shirt and cute polka dotted slipons

I am reading... The Latest Morningside Papers by Peter Gzowski (a book we've had for several years)

I am hoping... that my whole family can come for Thanksgiving dinner

I am hearing... Canada geese honking as they gather for migration

I am creating... some birthday cards and taking photos for Ali Edwards' project A Week in My Life

Around the house and yard ... phone calls to make for Thanksgiving, farm accounting books to do, lawn to cut one more time, garden to rototill, some Thanksgiving sewing to do

One of my favorite things... the crunch of leaves as I walk in the ditch or across the road

A few plans for the rest of the week.... subbing in grade one tomorrow, accounting to finish, some housecleaning and Helayna's coming for a sleepover on the weekend!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



So many poems and songs about roads that I can't decide on a title for this picture. Any suggestions?

Be sure to visit Peggy at The Simple Woman to read more posts like this one.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 PM

    Banana carmel muffins??? Sounds so good! Would you be willing to share the recipe? I have 2 bananas that I am getting ready to use up for banana something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another wonderful list! i hope tomorrow goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are have a normal wonderful week. love the colors of leaves tooo. my granddaughter just started grade one this week a bit late because they have moved from saskatoon but it will be an intersting year for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:09 AM

    Lovely, Crystal. I especially enjoyed how infused with autumn and Thanksgiving that this list was.

    XO

    ReplyDelete