1. I'm looking for a peach salsa recipe - any suggestions and recipes would be welcome!
2. Gluten free brownies that I made for our little holiday trip were a huge success. You couldn't tell at all that they were gluten free.
3. This message was on our phone today: "Hi, Meadow (insert last name) - please call me back - Meadow (insert last name) - please call me back - Meadow (insert last name) - please call me back. Bye." It was the sweetest message that brought a great big smile to my face! She is becoming such a character! Three years old and leaving such business like messages!
4. If you are looking for some card making inspiration, check out Jen McGuire - she is full of talent and has great ideas. And I hope you have lots of time to create these days. I don't see much studio time in my future :(
5. I have my first subbing days of the school year booked! Thank you, good friends, for asking me to help :))
6. This was the evening sunlight coloring the mountains as we drove home last night. Such beauty - I am once again in awe of God's handiwork!
7. I found our bed and Breakfast accomodation in Vernon via the Hello BC website and as an added site feature there are several blogs to read. If you are planning a trip to BC, this would be a great place to get local tips and advice. Did you know Chetwynd has a walking tour of chainsaw sculptures in town?!!
8. This very fresh tasting Bean and Corn Salad was made in my kitchen last weekend. I omitted the peas, added more beans instead and also included 3/4 cup of feta cheese (because I love cheese!). It was just as delicious the next day and I'll definitely make it again! I love salads that will keep for a few extra days.
9. I have 14 jars of apricots ready to can - and the power has gone off for 2 hours! Patience, I am reminded, is a virtue!!
10. It is SO, SO dry here! The lawn is crisp, the pastures are very low and the crops are a fraction of what they should be. But at least we don't have forest fires, like California.