Monday, September 07, 2009

Simple Woman #58



For Today . . . September 7, 2009
It's hard to believe but the kids have been in school for 3 days already. I could concievably get called for subbing one of these mornings!

Outside my window. . . it was really cool this morning but it warmed up to be a great sunny, early autumn day. The forecast is for frost in outlying areas tonight so summer is definitely drawing to a close. I might have to pick the spaghetti squash and pumpkins soon!

I am thankful . . . for a day spent with our son and his wife yesterday.

And I am also thankful . . . that our daughter-in-law is such an amazing woman! God definitely blessed Darrin - and our whole family - when He brought them together.

I am praying . . . that Silas continues to grow in strength, wisdom and joy as he celebrated his first birthday this week.

I am thinking . . . that the 12 km hike we did yesterday was a bit much for my body. I'm exhausted today.

I am celebrating . . . canning 42 jars (14 small and 28 tall) of peaches. Only 13 peaches left to enjoy fresh!

From the kitchen . . . creamy shrimp and stir-fried veggies over rice and peach crisp.

I am wearing . . . black yoga pants, black and pink top, crocs - and socks (it was chilly this morning).

I am reading . . . Blood Upon Our Land (The North West Resistance Diary of Josephine Bouvier) by Maxine Trottier. It's part of the Dear Canada series, written for kids, and is based on a true story about the time of the Louis Riel rebellion in1885 at Batoche, District of Saskatchewan. I need to read more about this event.

I am hoping . . . to wash the kitchen floor - it's getting sticky!

I am hearing . . . the CTV National News - it's late.

I am creating . . . Peach Chutney tomorrow.

Around the house and yard . . . still plenty of growing things in the garden, some large zucchini to pick, jars to wipe and put on the downstairs shelves, dead vines and potatoes to dig, and onions to pull out.

One of my favourite things . . . filled jars of fruit lined up and marching along the shelves.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . canning tomatoes, making zucchini relish, finding more jars, cutting the grass for the last time this year, I think, and picking crabapples.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . . Silas loved the sandbox that Grampa made him for his birthday. Helayna wanted to put her swimsuit and play in it! Not quite sure why she thought it had to be her swimsuit!

2 comments:

  1. i love these! I was just thinking I have a recipe I am canning today that I think you would like. It's from my momma. It's called fruit ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! I wish I was there to help you out - soon!

    ReplyDelete