As I worked around the house and yard mostly by myself today, I had time to reflect on Mother's Day.
Thirty-five years ago, I never knew that:
- our four would grow up so quickly!
- they would find such amazing and caring people to become their life partners.
- my life would really and truly be changed forever.
- I would forget so much about their growing up years.
- I would regret every. single. picture that I didn't take.
- hearing about their every days would bring me so much pleasure.
- their homes would be so open and welcoming to me.
- God would take such amazing care of them, in every situation.
- I would be so blessed to be able to stay home when they were growing up.
- I would appreciate and be so thankful for my own Mom.
- the example of my own grandmother would be uppermost in my mind so often.
- I would really and truly feel like a piece of my heart was walking around outside of my body with each of them.
Being a mom has been a central part of my life all these years and especially since the arrival of our grandchildren, I have been blessed to recognize that mothering was what God wanted me to be doing. I am so thankful for the privilege that He gave me and these four gifts (and their families!) who have made me so very happy!