1. This was the best gift Heather could have given Helayna this week! She recorded herself reading 2 stories for Helayna and we downloaded them onto my computer. She loves to watch Mommy reading her stories. I think she just about has Chicka Chicka Boom Boom memorized!
This is a great idea for any moms that are leaving little ones for a few days. They love seeing Mom and hearing her talk directly to them.
2. The sandbox was well used today!
3. My sister and I are joining 27,000 photographers worldwide on Saturday and going on a Photo Walk. This project is the brain child of Scott Kelby, a noted photographer and author. We are walking with a group in Edmonton(one of 3), starting at the Muttart Conservatory. I'll show you what we find to frame in our viewfinders.
And - you should consider signing up to join a walk in your area! There's still time and with 915 locations worldwide, I know there's one in your community!! All photographers (from an amateur with a point and shoot camera to pros) are welcome to join!
4. Check out this week's project, Nature's Beauty, at Her Space My Space His Space. I am really looking forward to doing this but I think it will be next week for me. I think this is a great way to capture your garden and yard - and would make a wonderful mini-book scrapbook project.
5. I have 17 tomatoes on my potted Early Girl plant! It's blooming away so I think it will get some more fruit. This is really the first time I've grown a tomato and I am very excited to see these guys ripen.
6. Helayna wasn't very interested in swimming in the lake today. I think she was surprised there was no swimming pool. Maybe another time.
7. Counting berries and moving them from dish to dish can keep a little girl occupied for a very long time!
8. Peonies - roses - poppies - pansies - petunias - so much goodness blooming these days!
9. "Dear Jesus.
Thank you for sand -
Thank you for sun -
Thank you for food.
- Helayna's prayer at lunchtime today - there's not too much more a little girl could want on a summer day, is there?!!