Saturday, January 19, 2013

Five on Friday

1. 
Quote of the Day
“Sometimes there is nothing you can do, and in those times, you must do something anyway.”
Garrison Keillor (born 1942);
author, radio personality

2.   I'm getting daily photo prompts in my inbox from Kristen at Capture Your 365 - and while I haven't done many of them, I love seeing the examples she posts every day.  If you are looking for reasons to use your camera, this could be the place to go!

3.  I used my food processor to make Pumpkin Scones (just like Starbuck's) this week - and they were so easy!  I love how it makes working with dough so simple.  I didn't do the glazes but they were still tasted so great.  I'll be doing many more of these, I know.

 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Cl6iym2GKII/TqIBtWuah8I/AAAAAAAAAg0/F9BFzsiSE5I/s1600/IMAG0516.jpg

4.  It's been a week of snow, warm temperatures, ice, melting, cold temperatures - and around and around and around!  Tomorrow's high is predicted to be -17 C and then next week it's balmy again.  All of this makes for continually changing driving conditions.

5.  Photo of the week:



Mater, with his tall trailer,
 pulling the tractor out of the ditch
by Blake

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are enjoying the prompts! Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete