Sunday, January 13, 2013

Five on Friday

1.  Quote -

 Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

2.  Did you know it's National Hot Tea Month?!  A question I saw online was 'what new tea do you plan to try this year'?  So I thought I'd share the new ones I've tried in the last few weeks.
     Merry Cranberry Green Tea by David's Tea - Cranberry, apple, green tea, mistletoe leaves, star anise, cinnamon, blackberry leaves, safflower.
     Alpine Punch Rooibos by David's Tea - Rooibos, coconut, apple, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, rose blossoms, almonds.
     Cocomint Cream Herbal Tea by David's Tea - apple, coconut and peppermint

3.  This piece, 10 Things I Want My Daughter to Know Before She Turns 10, is such a good read for all Mamas - no matter if your daughter is 1, 10 or 35!  I printed it and hung it so I can be reminded of how to encourage my daughters and granddaughters.  

4.  Can you believe that January is nearly half over?  It's officially true - time speeds up every year that you get older - there really is no other explanation!

5.  Photo of the week:




(with mashed sweet and white potatoes)
Meadow put one aside and we saved it as a 
'birthday cupcake' to use to surprise Grampa at his supper.
It worked - and the grandchildren were delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment