Saturday, December 12, 2009

Best of 2009

For December 11 - Best place - on the chesterfield, snuggling with a grandchild or two, reading books!  Those little heads smelling so sweet, eyes fixed on the illustrations, ears tuned to every word, shoulders snuggled under my arm, a smaller one cuddled on my lap, all of us exploring the world of words and pictures, making new connections and interpreting our world - it is an absolutely perfect place!

On our African adventure, I really liked the salt water pool at the resort in Zanzibar.  It was my first experience in that kind of pool and the warm water was heavenly.  The thought of it warms me right up on this chilly winter day!




Thanks to Gwen Bell for inviting bloggers to take this journey through the past year.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd agree--the best place for me is anywhere reading with Victor!

    Thank you for the cranberry bark recipe in your last post! And I look forward to seeing what you've been sewing...my machine is also humming these days.

    Also, thank you for recommending Holy Experience. Heather also told me about it and after I saw it on your blog, I just had to check it out. I'm so happy I did. Thank you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh, the pool looks heavenly and so warm. Wish I were there right now, and I'm sure you are, too.

    Samuel is loving books these days and I know would love to have some cuddle time with Gramma on the couch. ;) I do love reading to him and the time spent together.

    ReplyDelete