Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Simple Woman #65







For Today . . . November 30, 2009



Outside my window. . . winter has arrived!  The ground was covered with 4" of snow this morning and it continued to snow for most of the day.  As the sun went down, the wind came up and the roads are icy.  And it's only supposed to get colder, like -18 C by the weekend.

I am thankful . . . for the Advent season and the chance to prepare to experience the joy and wonder of Christmas again.

And I am also thankful . . . for faith that so many lived on that long ago first Christmas Day.  (I read such a good item about that today and for the life of me I can't find it to link to now - sorry!)

I am praying . . .  for Tyler as he prepares to write a major medical licensing exam on Wednesday.  And we ask for your prayers for him too, please.

I am thinking . . . about how much fun it would be to go to the Olympic curling trials in Edmonton next week.

I am celebrating . . . that it's only 24 days until Christmas!

From the kitchen . . . clam chowder, rye bread, and Cranberry Delight cookies (recipe from Stacy Julian).

I am wearing . . . navy cords, burgundy turtleneck sweater, a long gold heart necklace, downfilled vest, and slippers.

I am reading . . . for book club - The Lizard Cage by Karen Connelly -  set in Burma, it's the story of a political prisoner who spent 26 years in solitary confinement.

I am hoping . . . to do some online shopping this week.

I am hearing . . . Andre' Bocelli and Mary Jane Blige singing "What Child is This?" on the Oprah show tonight.  This is one of the tracks on Bocelli's new CD, My Christmas - it's awesome and very moving!

I am creating . . . a family Christmas photo card.

Around the house and yard . . . snow!  The hardwood floor is finished but tools are scattered throughout the house and the dust is thick enough to write your name in it!

One of my favourite things . . . vacuuming the new floor!  It's so easy and looks so good when it's done.  If you know me, you know that vacuuming is way, way down on my list of fun things to do - so this is a radical change for me!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .  a full week of subbing, the women's Christmas program at our church, a box to get ready to mail and hopefully more sewing.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . . bananas hanging in the market in Stonetown, Zanzibar.  I love how they grow and thought a tropical picture would be good today :))



Thanks to Peggy for this project.  You can read more daybooks here.

2 comments:

  1. Can you send your book my way when you're done? It sounds like such an interesting read.
    You always find the most interesting Christmas music and projects. I can't wait to see what you've done this year.
    Thanks for your prayers and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are busy! i hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete