Sunday, December 13, 2009

Best of 2009

December 12 - Best new food - I made Rhubarb Chutney this summer and it's become a new favourite preserve.   It tastes good with any fish, chicken or pork dishes and I'm proud of making it myself.  I also made a Barley Mandarin Salad with cooked barley, mandarin orange sections, and spinach.  It was a great new salad to add to my repertoire.

December 13 - What's the best change you made to the place you live?  Hands down, no questions, don't have to think about this one - our new hardwood floor!!  It is so beautiful and gives a whole new look to our home.  It's smooth, shiny, and we are so very happy having it done.  Of course it's opened up a whole new set of other things to improve but we'll work away at those as time and dollars permit.









Check Gwen's blog if you want to read other posts on this topic.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! The floors look great. I think it makes the house look so much bigger.
    We love your rhubarb chutney, too. I'm glad you found this wonderful recipe and have lots of rhubarb in the garden to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your floor looks wonderful Crystal!! You will love it.Hope your doing well over there and staying warm. I made some Chocolate bark the other day too and its almost all gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, the floor looks awesome!!!! it looks like a whole new place!! woohoo!!! can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, the floors look great! I am interested in your Barley Salad recipe--it sounds really interesting! I hope that one day (sooner than later) I can do my own preservatives too! I have always wanted to learn how--not sure why, as everyone tells me it is so time consuming (but I think so worth it!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floors are beautiful, Crystal! You did a fabulous job. XO

    ReplyDelete