1. We had Cheddar Apple Soup from this lovely book last night. It was delicious and perfect for a winter evening. The book is a gorgeous coffee table book that takes one on a culinary journey across Canada and was a Christmas gift from our good friends.
2. Winter is back with a vengeance! 12 cm of snow in the last 2 days and -30 degrees C by Thursday morning.
3. Someday I want to live in a place where people (like Karen at My Life) plant shrubs in their gardens or watch the trees blossom (like over at Amongst The Oaks) at this time of year. I can't even imagine how wonderful it must be to do those things. Yes - I do know that I would have to take my whole family with me :))
4. Look at these beautiful flowers that Mary over at Little Red House captured in this mosaic. She has such a lovely home and I admire her decorating talents.
5. We had a lovely dinner with my aunt and uncle on Sunday afternoon. Often our visits include the whole clan so it was a little treat to do lots of visiting and enjoy being a group of 4. They are wonderful hosts :)) and honorary great-grandparents to our grandkids :))
6. Did you know that the average pre-schooler will get 6 - 10 colds per year?! Each cold boosts a child's immunity to more serious infections that can come along in later years.
7. I need a housekeeper - enough said!
8. It's the last week in February - where have the last 2 months gone?!! At this rate the year will be over in a blink. Anyone else feel like time is flying by?
9. It's Shrove Tuesday today - traditionally, the day to empty your kitchen of all rich food before the season of Lent begins tomorrow. We always have a pancake supper at our church on this day and it was good.
10. "We do not cease to play because we grow old; we grow old because we cease to play." George Bernard Shaw
And with that I'm off to play with Meadow tomorrow!