1. Wonderful news at the Edwards' household today! Anna Caroline has arrived safely and is being adored by her mama Ali, daddy Chris and big brother Simon. I can just imagine the scrapbook layouts that are going to feature her :))
2. I heard a report today that compared the cost of food in different cities across Canada. Most astonishing was that 5 apples cost $1.95 in Edmonton and $5.25 in Calgary!!!!!! The 2 cities are in the same province and only 3 hours away from each other. My word!! Something is wrong with a system that tolerates these kinds of difference. Can you imagine what the difference would be on a full grocery cart?
3. I spent a little time at Chapters bookstore tonight trying to pick out my favourite children's book. I couldn't decide!! There are just so many that I love. I finally settled on Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Marten and Stellaluna by Janelle Cannon. You knew I wouldn't be able to pick just one, right?!!
4. Do you use Fair Trade coffee, tea and hot chocolate? I bought some Kicking Horse "Kootenay Crossing" beans and I'd like to continue drinking those products. Can anyone recommend some Fair Trade tea?
5. It's Air Band time at my old school and I think I might have to stay for the competition on Friday afternoon. The kids are so excited - and the teachers are even working up a number. Should be fun!!
6. I saw a few spring clothes for kids today. Brightly colored rubber boots, splash pants and little dress coats. Oh, my - they were so cute!!
7. I cooked the last of our spaghetti squash today. It's going to be a long wait until there are more ready!
8. I'm thinking that these might be the cookies I bake with the granddaughters this week.
9. The very talented Christi Snow is writing a weekly Exercise In Creativity that really is fun to do. Even if you aren't a paper crafter, I'm sure you'll still find something to stimulate your thinking and doing each week. I'm hoping to get deeper into these soon.
10. I did a little sewing that's on its way to New York City. I hope Tyler gets lots of use out of his new lunch bags - one for every day of the week!