Or maybe it should be - Food that's good for you!
A couple of times this week I've come across lists of foods that are good for you that you should be including in your meals. Bob and I are always reading about food and he's the one who does extensive online research. I think these ideas are interesting to consider and worth sharing with you.
1. Onions - help with cholesterol levels, especially in elevating the 'good' HDL.
2. Celery - for high blood pressure.
3. Cinnamon - close to insulin in chemical composition, it helps your body effectively use the natural insulin. I've known for awhile that cinnamon can assist with diabetes prevention.
4. Cloves - help the body handle sugar and act like a blood thinner.
5. Mustard - specifically the curcumin (the reason mustard is yellow) which may help prevent cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
And here's a list of some foods you should include in your diet several times every week:
- pumpkin seeds
- dried plums
So, how many have you used so far this week?