Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's Official

I've finished report cards for this year - and for next year too! I've decided to take a leave of absence from my teaching position for next year so I won't be doing any report cards, or other school stuff for that matter. It was a long and thoughtful decision process but now that I've decided, I am looking forward to doing many other interesting things. We have planned a trip to Poland with Mel's Nova Scotia parents, Edward and Linda, to visit Melinda and Tyler in September. We'll come home in time to celebrate our niece's wedding and then Helayna's birthday. There are a few other travel opportunities we would like to take in and of course spending time with our 2 granddaughters is a huge part of what we want to do as well. I will definitely miss my friends, who are more than colleagues, and the professional life that I have at school but I really feel like it's time to step back and consider what I want to be doing with my energy and time every day. So, I have one week of school left and then some packing and giving away of stuff before I begin this new chapter in my life journey! I think it's going to be quite a ride :))

8 comments:

  1. Good for you. I took a 6 month leave of absense in 1997 to travel to Alaska. It was a wonderful decision and lead to even further adventures. It is a decision I have never regretted.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:20 AM

    What a great opportunity, Crystal. You're a very smart woman to step away from conventional life and really look at what you want. Good for you!

    And nice work finishing up those report cards! I'm still working on the thank you notes....

    XO,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful opportunity!! How awesome that you are going to take advantage of this time in your life! That is very inspirational Crystal!! I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crystal,
    What an exciting adventure the next year will be! Sounds like a wonderful choice you've made..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you taking some time to enjoy life. It's just too short.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Crystal, and I am postive you won't regret it one bit. This will be an exciting year for you, and I can't wait to hear the tales of your travels and life with the grand babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really makes it more official now that you've spilled the beans. I'm thrilled to have you visit and spend some of that time in Poland. I know it will disappear in no time, but you'll definitely enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How absolutely wonderful, Crystal! You are going to have a great time,I a sure. Are you coming near England??????

    ReplyDelete