Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!



It's hard to explain the special place that my Dad holds in my heart and in my life but I really want to honour him today. I just called to talk to him but he's out checking cattle and looking at the crops, which is a typical evening for him. He's always been a farmer and I was blessed to grow up on the farm, where strong family values, Christian life and community service where modeled by my parents. My dad is a quiet man, with a heart of caring and sharing for others. He loves the land, animals(especially the farm dogs and cats), the seasons, anything that grows and being outdoors. Serving at church, as a 4-H leader, on the Camp board and in various other organizations has always been part of his commitment to others. His grandchildren bring a smile to his face and he loves to do things with them, from buying their bicycles to attending graduation ceremonies. I am blessed to call him my dad and I pray that he will continue to be a dynamic part of our lives. Happy Dad's Day!!




And the second set of wishes goes to my father-in-law, Bob's dad. He is a man of awesome woodworking skills and has built many houses, churches and other buildings in our community. He helped Bob build our house and crafted our cupboards and desks. Last year he built cribs for Meadow and Helayna and he's always game to create anything that anyone in the family asks for. He's well known in the community for his beautiful work and for the community service that has spanned his whole lifetime. He also loves growing things, including apple, pear, and plum trees and his latest venture is into mulberry trees. If there's a tree available, he's interested in it!! We celebrate him and the family memories that he's given us!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day to both grandpas! What a blessing to have them in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been blessed to have had so many years with these two men, and to have had strong male role models as we grew up and even now. I'm glad you went to celebrate today and enjoy some time with Grandpa K. I really like hearing how special Grandpa is to you, and how deep your affection is for him. It makes me teary-eyed. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How truly wonderful to have such great fathers in your life! I'm sure they feel your love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just loved that photo of your Dad and his dogs! What a lovely tribute to 2 special men, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous writing and a tribute to both your dads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good men are hard to find and it seems your family is filled with them. I hope that my boys will some day grow to be respected and feel content will their life's accomplishments.
    I am always so nervous posting, so afraid to make a spelling mistake or grammatical error.

    ReplyDelete