Thursday, June 21, 2007

Celebrating Summer

On this, the longest day of the year, I've created this list of things I'm looking forward to this summer:

- Meadow's birthday

- a Red and White picnic on Canada Day to celebrate Heather's birthday

- some weekend quadding trips

- veggies from the garden

- swinging on the patio

- using the barbecue

- having Mel home for a visit

- a Josh Groban concert

- new swings for the granddaughters

- spending some time with my sister

- a bridal shower

- Kirsten and Peter's wedding

- going to the pool or lake with our grandbabies

- fresh raspberries and cream

- painting my studio

- Dad's 75th birthday

- scrapbooking, especially with my girls

- picking strawberries

- going to BC for fresh fruit

- corn on the cob

- visiting the Farmer's Market

- purging my closets

- defrosting the deep freeze

- enjoying the potted herbs

- warm evenings on the patio with the scents of my flowers

- new potatoes with cream and dill

- reading

- not worrying about school starting again (more on that to come!)

Aby over at Creative Organizing inspired me on this list. I'd love to see yours!!

9 comments:

  1. Those are great things to look forward to!! Ohh, and I am sooo intrigued about your last comment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! I hope by the end of summer you've accomplished everything on it :) Thanks for keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a list, Mom!!! I'm looking forward to quite a few of those things, too, especially my visit. I hope you get to enjoy and do all of these. I know some of them won't be so enjoyable, but it will be nice to get them done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, fun things!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Mmmm...what a wonderful list! Welcome summer!

    XO,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dilled cream potatoes, yum!!! My Uncle would always make these from his garden for us in the summer. My sister is the only one in the family with a garden now. I'll have to sweet talk her and get some, or like you said, go to the farmers market.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH good things to look forward too! And I am wondering about your last on the list too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list! Can't wait to spend some time with you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:03 AM

    Sounds like a delightful summer! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete