Saturday, June 23, 2007

Babysitting

Meadow and I hung out together last night while Na and Jerry went out to a retirement party. We had a wonderful time playing, reading, playing, eating, playing, folding laundry, playing - well, you get the idea!



She's behind the wheel already! The neighbor's little girl left this car at Na and Jerry's and Meadow is in love with it. She sat in it and I pushed her around and around on the deck for a very long time. She was spinning the steering wheel and opening and closing the door just like a pro. It was a ton of fun to hang out with her!




Meadow had so much fun later on when we went to the school playground too. We did a little swinging, played in the rocks(for a long time), and tried out the slides. She was mesmerized when 3 older kids came over to chat and play. Her little eyes didn't know which way to look - she was so busy taking it all in!

And so far today, I've done 5 loads of laundry, organized some recycling, filled the propane bottle (and found out they sell soft ice cream at the local country convenience store!), took the garbage to the landfill, and made 4 cards. Oh, and done some report cards, which is supposed to be my main focus this weekend!!

And Helayna and Heather are going to be here for a visit next week - yeah!!! I'm looking forward to that, hence the push on getting report cards done this weekend. Back to the grind - catch you later, when they are all done!

5 comments:

  1. She looks adorable in that car! Our grandkids had one like that, but it used to be blue! Fun memories...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like grandma is enjoying herself :o)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Oh, what a sweetheart! I'm sure that before I know it, my little boy will be "driving" too...

    It's nice to find the closest place for soft serve...you just never know when that will come in handy. I know I was thinking about it yesterday (but we ended up having a bonfire and s'mores instead).

    Best wishes on the report cards...I sheepishly admit that I still have thank you notes to write out so that's my focus for today...

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:51 AM

    So happy that you got to hang out with her! She looks SOOOO cute in that little car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meadow is getting so big. Time flies for sure.

    ReplyDelete