Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Saturday in the Greenhouse

For something completely different today, here's a look at the middle of October in our yard.  I did a quick walk one afternoon and captured a last look at autumn.


Cranberries still hanging


I love the textures in the dried zinnias


1 pumpkin still hiding in the grass


Bright green mint crawling everywhere


Dried sunflower heads

And by the next morning, this had happened -


Which meant that I had to get into the greenhouse for a final picking and cleanup!


Things were still growing


and slowly ripening


which meant I had all these tomatoes to pick!


Greenhouse almost ready for winter  


and my very dark chlorophyll-stained hand
at the end of the day!

And that's all she wrote for gardening this year!
In just 4 months it will be time to plant seeds again!
I'm not quite excited about that yet -
maybe after 4 more months of winter I'll feel different :)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete