Saturday, November 17, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  Quote of the week:

“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”

                                                                   Gandalf in The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

2.  New thing I learned this week:  how to change my profile and cover pictures in Facebook.  Yeah, me!!

3.  Have you heard of Beads for Life?  





This is the organization's mission statement:

"Our mission is to create sustainable opportunities for women to lift their families out of extreme poverty by connecting people worldwide in a circle of exchange that enriches everyone."

I was happy to host a bead party this week and I want to thank my wonderful friends who came, shopped, and supported the work.   Last year there were 3000 parties around the world - I hope you can find (or better yet, host!) one in your area.  I did some Christmas shopping but best of all, made a difference for some families in Uganda.

4.  Being sick for 24 hours is not fun!  

5.  Photo of the week:  


from Bob's time in NB
(thanks, M!)

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote. Something to think about every morning. I'm glad you found the pictures. I thought you'd enjoy them and seeing all that we were up to while he was here. Missed having you here and part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete