Friday, November 09, 2012

Five on Friday

1.
Quote of the Day
“Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit light a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it..”
Wilfred Peterson (1900-1995);
Author

2.  A big winter storm this week has left us buried in fluffy snow and made the roads very icy and slippery.  After 2 days of driving in it, I'm safely cocooned at home today - drinking lovely homemade chai tea and sewing Christmas treats.  I am happy!

3.  I poked around online a bit today and ordered a few things for Christmas :)  

4.  A few weeks ago I went to an East Indian grocery store in the city to buy some whole spices for making a chai tea concentrate.  I nearly called my friend to come over and read the words on the bags - everything was in Punjabi!  Eventually I found the spice wall and by looking at the shapes of the whole spices, I was able to identify what I needed.  Heather gave me this chai tea recipe and this morning I actually made a batch.  It was wonderful!!  The fresh orange zest comes through beautifully and using half milk was still too strong so I did a 1/3 tea, 2/3 milk ratio.  I'm so happy to have my very own recipe for my favourite hot beverage!  Thanks so much, Lindsay Jewell!



5.  Photo of the week:


after 2.5 days of winter storming 
outside our patio just after 4 pm
(see the sun going down already?!)

1 comment: