Well there was a little less cooking and a lot more picking around here this week! We did eat these good things that included produce from the garden:
1. Raspberry Yogurt Dressing - delicious on a salad of mixed lettuce, raspberries, crumbled goat cheese and toasted pecans.
2. Lasagne - with swiss chard added to the meat sauce.
3. Zucchini Relish - 5 jars ready for the winter.
4. Fresh cucumbers - just sliced and eaten like that.
5. Raspberry Muffins - I only make these once a season but they are so good.
6. Bacon, jalapeno harvarti cheese, lettuce and tomato sandwiches - on more than one occasion :)
7. Raspberries with brown sugar and cream.
8. Sugar snap peas blanched and frozen for winter eating
9. Turkey Spanish Rice - with swiss chard and the last jar of 2010 canned tomatoes.
10. Many fresh tomatoes eaten all by themselves - I've picked 92 already! We have 10 plants of a variety called Moneymakers, started at the end of February by Bob's dad, and they are so uniform in size and shape, averaging 50 grams each.
And on deck for this week:
German Potato Salad - potatoes are already cooked, need to add sauerkraut from last year's stash (only 4 jars left)
Peas to blanch and freeze
Beans to blanch and freeze
Apples to cook into applesauce
Raspberry jam to make