Listography #33 - 10 Things I'd Tell My 17-year-old Self
1. Wear that bathing suit! Wear it again and again - and don't worry about looking fat. You will be fat one day but you aren't right now. Trust me on this one!
2. Those mini-skirts look great on you! Way to go!
3. Don't worry about fitting in with the party crew. They will still be partying when they are 50 - is that what you want?
4. Try everything! Learn to ski, learn to swim, learn to play guitar. You won't get good at anything if you never start it.
5. Spend more time with your grandparents and write down some of their stories. They will soon be gone.
6. Pay attention to how Dad carves a chicken. One day you may need to carve one in your own home!
7. You really, really should go to France. These chances only come once in a lifetime.
8. You will be so glad that you learned to type.
9. Don't worry about guys. The really good ones will still be around when you are in your 20's. Only go out with the ones that you'd like to be married to - don't waste your time on any others.
10. Get rid of the sarcasm. It doesn't do a thing for you or anyone else for that matter.