1. For the first time in my life, I am able to pick handfuls of fresh basil to use in the kitchen. It's wonderful! But then I remember the beautiful basil plants at the Farmer's Market in Fredericton - the leaves were humongous!
2. When I was getting the picture of the basil, I found this picture also taken at the market. This was Samuel's view while sitting in his stroller. No wonder he wasn't happy in it!
3. I judged culinary arts at a local fair today. It's so nice to see people still entering their best products in the spirit of showmanship. The best of show ribbon went to beautiful flaky and gooey butter tarts :) And yes - I did have to taste them!
4. Raspberries, raspberries, raspberries! The story of my days right now.
5. Have you seen this photography display called "Where Children Sleep"? It's incredible!