Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gratitude Gifts Today

This morning in my reading from James 1, verses 16 - 18 really struck me.

"Don't be deceived, my dear brothers.   Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  He chose to give us birth  through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all He created."

He cares so much that He sends exactly the gifts I need.  Good and perfect ones, the kind that never change, the very best of all He has - it comes to me.  How very blessed I am as I count today's gifts!

- quiet time to contemplate His word and read on

- warm day beginning with a pink and purple sunrise

- finding little surprises



- clean water to drink

- fresh cranberry almond granola

- thoughts of Jill who first shared the recipe

- colors and lengths of fabric

- pictures of family gracing the walls and shelves

- text messages

- time to create

- eyesight so I can read

- bread rising

- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, creamed corn for supper

- snowshoe walks



- moon shining on snow

- a box packed, ready to mail

- a letter from our compassion child in Brazil!

- looking forward to Bible study

- worship songs that linger on

- the anticipation of finally getting Ann's book

- that He loves me and gives me grace every day

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for those words this morning, to keep reminding me where all of this life comes from.
    Love the list, the little details of your life that make me feel closer. That little package arriving soon will be fantastic. I'm hoping to get one very soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect reading for today, Crystal. Your list is a reminder of small things, and the bigger ones too. Somehow we tend to overlook the small things. Well, I do. Sigh.
    Time to take note.

    ReplyDelete