Friday, September 24, 2010

Simple Woman #100

Wow!!!  I have followed this format and shared this type of posting 100 times!!!


For Today . . .  September 24, 2010



Outside my window . . . the window of the tractor, no less - a beautiful autumn day - a rare one around these parts!  It's +17 degrees C, the sun is shining, the leaves are all changing colors and I'm enjoying the view

I am thankful . . .  for good weather so that harvesting can begin in earnest. 

And I also am thankful . . .   that I have God's example and His teachings to guide me.  I've had to re-learn patience and quietness this week.

I am praying . . .   for our marriage, using Lysa's thoughts as my guide.   This time of year is tough when we battle the weather and spend long days trying to get so much done.  

I am also praying . . . for Jonathan, our son-in-law, as he heads to a new job on Monday.  He has been without work for 9 months now so we are thankful that he has a few opportunities coming together now.

I am thinking . . .   about a big sewing project - should I or shouldn't I?

I am creating . . . 
  a layout of Meadow at her birthday party, wearing her Snow White costume.  It's been on my table for awhile but I really need to find some patterned paper in the right colors.  

I am celebrating . . .  4 birthdays this weekend.  Bob's mom will be 84, my friends Sandra and Kendra all have their birthday tomorrow.  And on Sunday Bob's uncle will celebrate 85 years of living.  

From the kitchen . . . sandwiches, turnovers, tiny tomatoes, yogurt and apples in lunches for the field -  supper will be leftover borscht.

I am wearing . . .  black track pants, a green and pink flowered tshirt, an orange hoodie and my work runners.

I am reading . . . Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos  Ruiz Zafon - I had put this aside in order to read Late Nights on Air for book club and now I've come back to it.  I need to finish because the book is due at the library on Tuesday!

                      actually, listening to the book of Luke, using the Faith Comes by Hearing Bible stick.  Such a great way to hear the Word.

I am hoping . . .  to have time to put away some kernel corn and to cook more beets, for beet hummus, tomorrow.

I am hearing . . .  Michael W. Smith and the African Children's Choir singing "When I Think of You"

I am going . . . to be happy when this silage business if over.

Around the house and yard . . . our grass desperately needs mowing and the garden needs to be cleaned out.

One of my favourite things . . . salsa and cheese on nachos, melted in the oven - a great evening snack.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . 14 loads of silage to fill another bag tomorrow, garden lasagne to finish, apple muffins to bake, then 2 days of subbing, a day of sauerkraut making and a play date.

A quote for today . . .  

“Everybody laughs the same in every language because laughter is a universal connection. ”
Yakov Smirnoff (born 1951);
comedian, painter, teacher

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . . the full moon on the day of the fall equinox.  Did you know that it will not fall on this day again until 2029?!!


1 comment:

  1. I found you looking for Gandi's quote...be the change you want to see. You site is great...so positive. Micheal Smith is my favorite singer too.

    ReplyDelete