Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cooking Challenge #6

I've been busy with putting away the garden goodness over the past month and this Food.com challenge has taken a backseat.  I've been using the crockpot for lots of meals lately, especially with us being in the field so often.  So I adapted this recipe for Teriyaki Sauce, using the sauce with chicken and vegetables, and cooking it in the slow cooker.


Teriyaki Sauce

Cooking notes:
- I made the sauce and then used it to make a version of teriyaki chicken.
- Two chicken breasts, diced, 1 red and 1 green pepper chopped, 1 onion chopped and 2 stalks of celery chopped made up the meat and veggie mixture. 
- I cooked it in the crockpot on high for 3 - 4 hours.
- Bob ate most of it before I was able to add a bit of cornstarch to thicken the sauce!  But next time I would do that to make the sauce stick when it's served over rice.
- The dish was very tasty and not super sweet as some commercial sauces can be.  I also liked a sauce without additional preservatives or MSG.
- It would definitely be better as a stirfry dish, with crisp vegetables and moister meat.  But it was nice to have everything ready when I walked in the door that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment