1. It's really starting to look like the end of summer around here. The grain crops are beginning to ripen and the contrast between them and the greens of still growing grass and trees makes the landscape so beautiful. And our mayday tree is already sporting a few yellow leaves. Kind of sad to see summer ending already.
2. Helayna gives wonderful big hugs and lip-smacking kisses that make us smile so, so much!
3. Did you hear about the big storm that ripped through Central Park in New York City this week? All kinds of trees were broken off or pulled out of the ground. One of the park managers said that it's the worst storm he's seen in 30+ years of working in the park.
We've watched Point Pleasant Park in Halifax and Stanley Park in Vancouver be ravaged by vicious storms - and now Central Park! What is with these beautiful places being hit after we visit them??!?!?!
4. The packed boxes are mounting as Heather and Jonathan prepare to move this weekend.
5. Meadow, Blake and Naomi surprised us with a little afternoon visit yesterday. Meadow wanted a ride in the tractor so she came along while I cut 2 loads of silage. It was marvelous to have her hang out with me for a little while!! They are enjoying the lake this week - swimming, water skiing, fishing - lots of fun, especially if you are 3 years old!!
6. Two batches of raspberry jam this week and I have a lovely little collection of jars for my canning shelf! I decided to make the cooked jam this year (instead of freezer jam) so it would be easier to share :))
7. For a journalling and scrapbook challenge this week, visit Stacy Julian's blog and take on her Accomplish Something Everyday assignment. What are your top 5 things to do daily? What absolutely must happen for you every single day? I've been thinking about mine and have a few pictures taken to document the layout about which I'm thinking. I'm curious to know what would be on your list!
8. This little one loved this zucchini! He pulled it in and out of his mouth, humming and having a great time! He didn't actually eat any but had a good time with it.
9. If you are one of my teacher friends (or you have kids returning to school), you have 1/6th of your summer to still enjoy!!
10. It's the last chance to take a guess and enter my NYC places contest.
I'll draw a winner over the weekend so you have until Sunday night at 6 p.m. to post a guess here. Be brave - I know you have an idea and that you are out there reading this :))