Monday, May 26, 2008

Questions and Answers - part 1

I must say that you asked me some very interesting questions last week so I'm going to tackle answering some of them this week.

First off, Linds at Rocking Chair Reflections asked:

1.) Where is your favourite place in Canada and why?
I have been fortunate to travel to every province and the Yukon territory and I can tell you that there are beautiful places nearly everywhere one looks in this amazing country. My favourite in the springtime is Vancouver Island. They have green grass, blooming things and warm temperatures long before Alberta does. Anywhere one drives it is a scenic route with ocean, trees and rocks. And at that time of the year every teacher is looking for a break and a holiday!

Other things that I love about Canada: the mountains with their colours in autumn, the prairie skies in summertime, and the coasts of the Atlantic, especially in Nova Scotia. It also helps to have friends in all of these marvelous places which makes for great memories and good times.

2.) I know you have many hobbies but which one do you love most?

I do have lots of things that I love to do and here is a little sampling:



Travelling - Ucluelet on the west side of Vancouver Island




Cooking and baking




Quadding with my sister and her family near Whitecourt, AB




Scrapbooking (2004 LO from our trip to Belize)




Card making



Reading - the basket beside my bed




Photography - a spring bouquet in the truck - I love the light on these!

Do you see a common theme here?! These are pictures that I've taken and then created layouts about so I really do love photography and scrapbooking the best. Without those two my creativity and the expression of it would be stifled. But the others are so close and I truly would miss each of them. I think I am blessed to be passionate and find enjoyment in many things.

3.) Which country that you haven't already visited would you choose to go to for a holiday?
If you know me well, you quickly realize that I will travel anywhere. And when we are on holidays, we often play a little game at the supper table asking that very question so it's something I have considered! Here are some possibilities: Iceland, Antarctica, Australia and New Zealand, Africa, Hawaii, Europe (especially Greece, Italy, and the British Isles - here's lookin' at you, Linds, because that would definitely mean a visit with you!). If our bank account allowed it, I would love to go away twice a year for 3 - 4 weeks each time. Wouldn't that be heavenly?!!

I would love to know your answers to these 3 questions so please feel free to tell me about them in the comments.

Look for more Qs & As soon!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, never mind the fascinating answers to my questions! All your hobbies are similar to mine, except I have the textile art, sewign thing I am passionate about too of course! Oh to have more time!
    I think the UK should move swiftly to the top of the pile. We have so much to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! There are so many places I'd love to travel to as well! One day we should go somewhere together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to be in Vancouver in general in the Spring! It is marvelous. Sometimes the Island gets too much rain, but the mainland is protected. Glorious. I would never leave here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post! Funny that almost all of the things you love to do - I do too. (I've only gone quadding once) But I'd add quilting to my list too.

    ReplyDelete