1. 1. Randi over at i have to say is hosting a sew-along starting on February 14th. She's going to make a new ironing board cover - which I desperately need - so I'm going to join in. How about you - would you like to do a quick makeover for your laundry room? Come and join us!
P.S Randi is also the owner of a lovely online fabric shop, Fresh Squeezed Fabrics.
2. Meadow had the idea of sewing a dress and wanted some help this week. So - with a little help from the fabric manufacturers (who so very nicely pre-smocked some pink material) we were able to sew a sun-dress in an hour yesterday - fastest dress ever! I forgot to take my camera along so we don't have a picture but I found this photo online at Bug Fabric which shows the Minnie Mouse option. The one we used had Disney princesses on it. It sure was easy and turned out great!
3. I took 4 memory cards in to Costco the other day - and came home with 500+ pictures! They ranged from Thanksgiving right through to last week. Definitely an overdue project. Did you know that Costco is having a special sale early in February and 4 X 6 photos will be $0.06 each? A very good time to print photos!
4. "Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother." Beverly Jones in "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love"
5. Our Health Advisory Council is doing a pilot project using an online forum to gather information next week. This is a first attempt and we are really excited to see what the 50 invited participants will share with us. We are trying to chart a path into the social media realm!