2. In the process of organizing / purging / cleaning up the basement, I added 2 glass baking pans, 2 mugs and 8 new water glasses to my kitchen today. Love finding stuff in my gifting stash that I forgot I had!
3. If you want to try a new recipe, here's a Vegan Chocolate Cake from Helena. I found it at Tasty Kitchen on the Pioneer Woman's site. Helena is writing a paper about the chemical reactions in the cake so she is looking for lots of people to test the recipe and give her feedback. I love that you can make this cake even if you don't have any butter or eggs or milk in the fridge! And it's really chocolate-y!
4. Bob's been gluing and fixing some dresser drawers that were in sad shape. I soon will have a space for my fabric stash - yeah!
5. If you are looking for a good book to read, I'd like to recommend Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah. Oh, my - it's poignant and heartbreaking in some places!
6. Daylight until 6:30 p.m. is a very welcome change! Just a little more than a month until spring is officially here - yahoo!!
7. I love going to the shelves downstairs or opening the deep freeze and finding vegetables from last summer's garden. Tonight it was frozen baby beets. These shelves are getting a bit emptier but there's still lots there.
8. Leftover chocolate pudding + sliced bananas = yummy afternoon snack :)
9. I ordered photos from our holiday to Fairmont and for the month of January - and I got in on the 10 cent per picture sale that Costco was having. Never mind that it took me almost 5 hours to upload and complete the order! The savings I got amounted to a wage of $3.00 per hour - cheap labour or what!
10. I'm almost at 1500 posts on this little blog. Watch for a special giveaway in a few days and thank you for reading along with my ramblings. I am humbled by your presence and so thankful that God (while using Melinda and Heather) led me to starting this blog nearly 5 years ago.