Today marks 68 entries in my gratitude posts and my list has 2117 gifts on it so far! I was astounded to count last week and find so many good things - some of which I had almost forgotten about. I'm going to number the blessings from here on as a way to acknowledge how they go and on and on - just like His love.
This week we studied chapter three in Ann's book and this quote really stuck with me.
"The gift list is thinking upon His goodness - and this, this pleases Him most! And most profits my own soul and I am beginning, only beginning, to know it. If clinging to His goodness is the highest form of prayer, then this seeing His goodness with a pen, with a shutter, with a word of thanks, these really are the most sacred acts conceivable. The ones anyone can conceive, anywhere, in the midst of anything. Eucharisteo takes us into His love."
How He fills my moments with His goodness and I cling to them!!
#2118 - #2145
- a holiday celebrating families
- wind whipped snowdrifts
- sunlight streaming through stained glass windows
- guitars strumming hymns
- looking for the lost coin with the Sunday School kids
- celebrating that we have found Him and He always looks long and hard for us
- Bob fixing little things (like the bathroom faucet) around the house
- tractor and snowblower moving drifts again
- friends gathered around our table
- games of cards
- laughter shared together
- belated birthday cake
- just perfect gifts
- pot of bones simmering into new stock
- the wonderful smell as it simmers
- telephone tech support
- a plan to catch little animals that don't belong in certain places, even outside
- new star stamps
- chapter 4 in the book
- -4 degrees C on the thermometer
- sun shining
- furnace pumping warm air on frosty nights
- full moon rising
- online library system
- words of wisdom shared
- walking with Bible stick reading words
- accepting God's grace with thanksgiving and living in joy!