Listography #7 - Films I Could Watch Over and Over
I am so not a movie person! I forget who acted in them and when they were made and what happened. I watch them, enjoy them, move on - and pretty much could watch most of them again in 6 months as if they were brand new! But here are a few long time favourites - some of them are pretty old.
1. Love Story - this was the first movie Bob and I ever saw together long, long ago. About 25 years later he surprised me with a copy of it for Valentine's Day. Pretty romantic for my husband - and a pretty sad, romantic movie to take a girl to on your first date!
2. Sound of Music
3. Count of Monte Cristo
4. I Dreamed of Africa - especially after traveling there last year.
5. The King and I - first saw this when I was just a child.
6. Pretty Woman - or pretty much anything with Julia Roberts in it - she's a favourite of mine.
7. Invictus - Nelson Mandela is amazing - as is Morgan Freeman who played him.
8. Blood Diamond
9. Hotel Rwanda - about a sad and horrific time.
10. Schindler's List - another sad movie made very real by our visit to the actual factory when we were in Krakow, Poland a few years ago. It was SO sobering to stand at the gates and then to walk up into Schindler's office.
11. Doctor Zhivago - the film that first made me want to visit Russia.
It appears that I have a bit of an African theme going on here!