Saturday, October 30, 2010

Treats

There have been so many great pumpkin recipes everywhere I look lately so today I decided to make something special for dinner tomorrow.


I did some mixing -


and then some rising happened -



and a little frying -


and the result was Pumpkin Donuts (and Donut Holes)!  

I made a batch of cake donuts and a batch of yeast donuts, both using pumpkin puree.  It's the first time in a long, long while that I've made donuts and my day was full of memories of my Gramma Hetman and her boxes of donuts and of a local neighbor, Mrs. Neimann, who always used a full 20 lb. bag of flour when she baked these.  It seemed to take a whole day to fry a batch that size and every inch of counter space was filled!    Of course, one didn't have to do it again for a long while!

3 comments: